Highest Rated Orange County Florida Animal Removal Services
Roof rats are typically the kind of rat you might find in the attic or walls of your house. Outdoors they dwell in shrubs and dense trees, particularly palm canopies and some types of fruit trees, but they are not afraid to travel 100 yards or more to find food and water. Roof rats are nocturnal, so you will almost never see them during the day. Instead, you will hear them pitter-pattering around your attic at night.
If you suspect you have a raccoon problem in your home attic or place of business, call Wildlife Removal Services, Inc for raccoon removal in the surrounding communities of Orange County Florida . We specialize in humanely trapping and removing raccoons and repairing the damage that they cause.
Squirrels in Homes - What Damages Do They Cause In Attics
To clean the Orange County, Florida attic, I not only remove all of the waste by hand, I use special cleaners, including an enzyme-based cleaner that eliminates any biohazard organic waste from animals, including droppings and urine. I use the electric powered atomizer as shown in the below photo, which creates a fine mist that flows through the whole attic and gets every nook and cranny, for 100% coverage and cleanup. To protect myself against insulation fibers and animal biohazard, I wear a disposable Tyvek suit and I wear the respirator mask, as shown above. This fogging machine, also called an atomizer, sprays my cleaning solution in a fine mist that permeates the entire attic, and makes certain attic cleanup scenarios easy. In a case like this, in which the homeowner did not want total insulation replacement, the enzyme-based cleaner in the atomizer does a good job of breaking down and sanitizing the contaminated areas of the attic. If your attic has wildlife waste or animal poop, then this is one method that can kill harmful pathogens along with the odor. Homeowner's insurance will pay for attic cleanup and restoration in the case of raccoon damage, because of the potential health risks.
How Much is an Attic Restoration?
Bat Removal and Prevention
Raccoon in Chimney - if You've Got One in Your Chimney or Fireplace
Types of Squirrels
Raccoons have no manners! They're slobs and the one staring at me didn't seem to really care about the niceties of eating. Bits of dry cat food were soaking up water from where it had been sloshed out of the water bowl. The bag of food I'd laid on a table was now torn open and about 10 pounds of cat chow was strewn across the floor.
This particular raccoon had come in through the pet door into the garage and was happily eating leftovers from my cat Spike's dinner bowl. He obviously had no fear of me, because he kept eating as I walked over to the work bench. Even though he appeared to half tamed, I was trying to keep a little distance between me and the raccoon.
Spike has a bed in the garage, in the house and on the deck. Whenever and wherever the mood strikes him to take a nap, he's not very far from a comfortable pillow. He has become adjusted to seeing raccoons and possums enter his garage at all hours of the night. Tonight he was sleeping on the bed that used to be my work bench before he took it over. He was now peering over the side of the cardboard box that was his bed, at the raccoon that was making a mess of his eating area.
I may have to try trapping the animal, but that didn't work out very well last year. I used a gage-like trap that is supposed to close the entry way into the cage when the animal tries to eat the canned cat food in the back of the cage. It's very humane. Of the five raccoons we had last year, none were caught. I did catch Spike...twice. I've never accused him of being smart!
If you have a 'possum get into your house, the best thing to do is to put a can of cat food just outside the door and let the animal go to the food. Then slam the door shut! They may scare you by hissing and snarling, but that's just their defensive mechanism. It's sort of scary when they bare their fifty teeth, but more than likely if you back away, they'll never hurt you. One good thing about confrontations with a 'possum is that they hardly ever get rabies.
I really hope they'll leave soon. Spike and I would like to get our garage back.
Prevention Tips Homeowners Can Follow to Prevent a Raccoon Infestation?
How to Get Rid of Squirrels From An Attic
How to Catch a Bat Flying Inside House?
Raccoon Removal Services
There are lots of deterrents advertised on the internet and in stores that supposedly will tell you how to get rid of raccoons. Very few of them if any actually work. For example moth balls do not work , nor does the urine of dogs, wolves or other animals. In fact all that they do is smell up your house even more than the raccoons do. We tried them and know from experience.
So how do you get rid of raccoons? Do not buy all of the things that are advertised on the internet or even in the hardware stores. In fact, traps are not even worthwhile investing in. We will explain some of the reasons why and also how to get rid of raccoons.
Once the raccoons are gone, be very careful repairing raccoon damage and entering attic spaces. Breathing the feces or raccoon scat can cause organ damage and death. In the dry air of your attic, these feces break down, become dust like and when disturbed will float in the air for you to breath. Hire professionals to clean up the attic if they have been there for some time. You may have to replace the insulation and the air vents over the soffits if there is a lot of damage. For more information on repairing damaged caused by raccoons and other associated topics visit our web site.
What Should I Do with a Skunk After I Catch It?
Live Trapping Raccoons
Squirrels in Attics - How To Get Rid Of Squirrels
- Apopka FL Wildlife Removal
- Bay Lake FL Wildlife Control
- Belle Isle FL Wildlife Removal
- Edgewood FL Wildlife Control
- Lake Buena Vista FL Wildlife Control
- Maitland FL Animal Removal
- Ocoee FL Wildlife Removal
- Orlando FL Animal Removal
- Winter Garden FL Wildlife Control
- Winter Park FL Wildlife Removal
- Eatonville FL Animal Removal
- Oakland FL Wildlife Control
- Windermere FL Animal Removal
- Alafaya FL Wildlife Control
- Azalea Park FL Animal Removal
- Bay Hill FL Wildlife Removal
- Bithlo FL Wildlife Removal
- Christmas FL Animal Removal
- Clarcona FL Wildlife Control
- Conway FL Wildlife Removal
- Fairview Shores FL Wildlife Control
- Four Corners FL Wildlife Removal
- Goldenrod FL Wildlife Removal
- Gotha FL Animal Removal
- Holden Heights FL Animal Removal
- Horizon West FL Wildlife Removal
- Hunter’s Creek FL Wildlife Removal
- Lake Butler FL Wildlife Control
- Lake Hart FL Wildlife Removal
- Lake Mary Jane FL Wildlife Control
- Lockhart FL Wildlife Removal
- Meadow Woods FL Animal Removal
- Oak Ridge FL Wildlife Control
- Orlo Vista FL Wildlife Removal
- Paradise Heights FL Wildlife Control
- Pine Castle FL Wildlife Control
- Pine Hills FL Wildlife Control
- Rio Pinar FL Animal Removal
- Sky Lake FL Wildlife Removal
- South Apopka FL Wildlife Control
- Southchase FL Wildlife Control
- Taft FL Animal Removal
- Tangelo Park FL Animal Removal
- Tangerine FL Wildlife Control
- Tildenville FL Animal Removal
- Union Park FL Wildlife Control
- University FL Wildlife Removal
- Wedgefield FL Animal Removal
- Williamsburg FL Animal Removal
- Zellwood FL Wildlife Removal
- Chinatown FL Wildlife Control
- Fairvilla FL Animal Removal
- Killarney FL Wildlife Removal
- Plymouth FL Wildlife Control
- Vineland FL Wildlife Control